Thursday, June 26, 2008

Last Words from George Carlin in This Space

The redesigned (Too big a word. The new graphics of) very local cage-liner Los Angeles CityBeat are reflected in its website. And from that website we grab a George Carlin quote that sums us up as well as it capsulizes the late Mr. Carlin's worldview.
“I’m happy to tell you there’s very little in this world that I believe in. Watching other comedians comment on political, social, and cultural issues, I notice most of their comments reflect some kind of belief things were better once. I don’t feel so confined. I frankly don’t give a fuck how it turns out for this country. That is precisely what I find amusing, the slow circling [of the] drain by a once-promising species and the sappy, ever-more desperate belief in this country there’s some sort of American Dream which has merely been misplaced. My motto: Fuck hope.”
And the horse it rode in on.

No comments: