Friday, June 29, 2012

Testi-Lying

In other news, it is reported that the sun rises in the east, & every day, too.

Crime Report Manipulation Is Common Among New York Police, Study Finds

The results showed that pressure on officers to artificially reduce crime rates, while simultaneously increasing summonses and the number of people stopped and often frisked on the street, has intensified in the last decade, the two criminologists who conducted the research said in interviews this week.

“I think our survey clearly debunks the Police Department’s rotten-apple theory,” said Eli B. Silverman, one of the criminologists, referring to arguments that very few officers manipulated crime statistics. “This really demonstrates a rotten barrel.”
Fourth Amendment, pigs!! Ever heard of it? And: Fuck. The. Police!

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I am shocked and stunned.

Don't tase me, bro!
~

M. Bouffant said...

Gambling Editor:
What? Here? Gambling? No.

mikey said...

When I was totally strung, I prided myself on my ability to hide shit. I could find/create places within places with subtle misdirection built in. It was nothing to put thirty hours into a cubby in the car, and the house was an endless project. I was happy to take apart everything from the stereo and the TeeVee to the bathroom fixtures to make just a little pocket that can't be found.

So it was always fascinating that in every police report following every drug arrest, the contraband was lying "in plain sight" on the car seat.

Right. Of course it was...

M. Bouffant said...

Straight-Edge Editor:
Yeah, but they knew you had it, & it's not you were the only guy they had to bust that day, so that was totally cool. (And legal. Really.)