Thursday, May 8, 2014

Waving Bye-Bye To The Middle Class

Sad, empty-life losers who don't follow this reporter on Twitter will have missed this:
The actual point here being that you should click the link, not necessarily that you should follow Twits, even mine. (Esp. as most of them are repeated here. FILLER!!)
He said, "Maybe twice a week. When it happens, it happens most often on the late shift. But usually, they swear the card is good and our system is screwed-up. They get angry at us, like it's our fault they can't pay. Sometimes, customers like you pay for them. A couple of times, I've felt so bad for the people that I've paid for them. That's if it's only a few dollars. I couldn't have paid for this woman. Not on what we get paid here."*

The next person in line said, "If you pay for them, do they come back the next night figuring you'll pay for them again?"

He said, "No, never. We never see them again. That woman who just left here…you will never see her in this market again. It's too painful. It just reminds them of how bad off they were that night."

*Icing on the cake of irony. The checker/cashier was no doubt hired after the U.F.C.W. (Assumption; one union or another.) had to agree to a two-tier wage scale.

3 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

You tweet?!?!?

Get off my lawn!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

All snarking aside, that story is devastating. I do most of my shopping around 1:30AM, but it's in a suburban supermarket (the only one open later than my shift these days). I have yet to see this happen.

Weird Dave said...

Bye-bye.