Sunday, August 8, 2021

Police Terror Situation: "Get In Your Cars And Leave The Area"

About 1940 this evening I was at Third & Vermont, w/o my real damn camera. (The one effing time I sortie from the bunker w/o it real excitement happens.) I noticed surly-looking youth in their late teens/early twenties standing around on all four corners, apparently w/ their attention focused on the club next to the Valero station, which was booming jams from its patio. I wondered what was up, went into Ralphs & forgot it in the existential agony of trying to consume.

When I finished purchasing & hit the parking lot I heard a helicopter directly overhead, no big deal until it turned & began orbiting the intersection, while announcing that Third & Vermont was an illegal assembly & everyone should "get in your cars* and leave the area, you have two minutes or you will be arrested". I stopped recording here because two ossifers pulled up & I wasn't looking for any trouble.
They jumped out of their SUV, got their "batons" & helmets from the back & headed for the non-action. (Only thing that I saw happen was about 10 yout' at the southeast corner suddenly ran into the Ralphs parking lot, some of them trying to hide behind cars, in what I assume was a response to a feint by the heat.)

I moseyed along the sidewalk, & by 1956 the party was breaking up.
Stills later.
*Sheesh, everybody buys into that nobody walks in L.A. stuff.

No comments: