Tuesday, April 8, 2014

You Like Me?

No idea what criteria feedly (What a stupid name.) uses to determine something's featurability and there's always the possibility feedly somehow matches my idiosyncratic interests to "feature" something on my feed (never looked at a Pistorius story, couldn't possibly in any way shape or form care any less about digital start-upping, & have never previously noted this operation in the featured zone) but here we is:
Admittedly it was early in the a.m. on Tuesday PDT, & nothing was happening anywhere on the planet.

Continuing the feedly (What a stupid name.) theme, we see nine "followers," meaning there are eight other entities in this world who have an interest, however small. And we are eternally grateful for the four recommendations. Monetizing starts any day now!
But do you love me?

4 comments:

mikey said...

I migrated to Feedly. But it sounds like I use it differently than you do. I have a set of feeds from blogs, journalists and publications I want to read. Nothing surprising or startling shows up. Just the same 30 or so feeds that I want to read, with the new bits clickable and shit like that.

Am I doing something wrong here?

M. Bouffant said...

Editor:
I don't think so. I have it set it up just like G. Reader. just that I'd never seen anything but big names (certainly not me) in that "featured" section before.

Seems like feedly's in a constant state of flux, like, there was preview, then there wasn't, now (fingers crossed) it's there again.

Weird Dave said...

What's a 'Feedly'?

M. Bouffant said...

RSS Feed Ed.:
It's, uh, what you're looking at in the picture part of the item. (The long-term unemployed are desperate for more info, & immediately!! feedly.com)

Or does typing "it's the new Google Reader" tell you?

Stupid stupid name, innit?