Wednesday, April 9, 2014

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: L.A.P.D.
On Maneuvers In Griffith Park

How to kill people, blow shit up & launch smoke grenades using the Sheridan ARMORED RECONNAISSANCE/AIRBORNE ASSAULT VEHICLE M551
Caveat:
February 25, 2014
Subject: ARMORED RECONNAISSANCE/AIRBORNE ASSAULT VEHICLE M551 - CONDUCT OF FIRE
I served on the M551 and enjoyed this video. I noticed that there are countless errors in procedures and equipment operation. This emphasizes the fact that this vehicle was complicated and the crews were not as a rule well trained. Watching the video you will hear the sound of the tank but the soundtrack you are hearing is actually that of an M60 tank. There is no mistaking the whine of the Sheridan's 2-stroke Detroit Diesel. The only error I will point out is when you see the coax machine gun firing you will see that it is shaking real bad. This is because it is not fitted tight in the mount. I'm surprised the loader didn't notice it. All in all a good vehicle describing what it was like in the Sheridan turret.
While I'd ordinarily be irked at such gov't./military deception, I doubt I could take 20 mins. of the sound of a two-stroke, so no further bitching. This time.

No comments: