Sunday, March 21, 2010

Small World, Or: Two Minds, One Thought

We noted this phenomenon (The Mind of Manson, as Boehner babbled.) & almost grabbed the camera to shoot a literal screengrab, but hey ...
I'm flipping between news channels and there's a nice unintentional commentary over on MSNBC. Their live coverage is displacing their usual Sunday lineup, which is a lot of documentaries about prisons and crime and mass murder, and the titles of those pre-empted shows keep popping up on my screen to tell me what show my TiVo thinks I'm watching. So there's Mitch McConnell explaining how this bill will make abortion mandatory (or whatever he's saying ... I'm not even sure he knows) and on my screen, it says I'm watching Conviction: I Put Fear in Your Life. And then there's David Shuster talking with some Democratic Congressman and my screen tells me I'm watching Witness to Jonestown. And then there's John Boehner talking and the info bar says I'm watching The Mind of Manson. The final vote may come during a time slot that's supposed to be showing something called The Squeeze.
There being strength in numbers, however, we thought we'd agree 100%, & note the previously scheduled programs that would have appeared as one flipped channels. (And: No TiVo in the bunker, the same effect occurred w/ Time-Warner Cable.)

2 comments:

Murfyn said...

I love it when stuff like that happens.

M. Bouffant said...

Tee Vee Ed. Sez:

This was actually mentioned on MSNBC today. David Shuster got a big kick out of it too.