Monday, March 22, 2010

A Riot, A Riot, A Riot Of My Own!

Cornfed Bob Owens poses the question:

Ready to Riot?

I ran out on some errands this morning, and noticed several things.

The gun store downtown was doing what I suspect was unusually brisk business for an early Saturday morning outside of hunting season. This same gun store's parking lot was overflowing mid-afternoon yesterday shortly after 3:30 PM, with traffic filling the lot, the nearby on-street parking filled, and overflow parking spilling into the gravel lot next door.

I've also seen a minivan with a warning/threat against Obamacare written in red paint on the windows (I didn't get a great look at it as it was moving in the opposite direction, but I got the gist of it).

This is hardly the equivalent of militiamen forming on the village green, but there seems to be a distinct undercurrent of frustration and rage building against the federal government in general, the tricks of Democratic Party in specific, and tomorrow's Obamacare may be the catalyst.

I don't sense any organization, but strong sentiment appears to be brewing. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior where they live?
The wanna-be Freepers that populate ConYank's comments are certainly ready to riot. The personal responsibility fans there await only the next moocher who looks at one of them cross-eyed & IT IS ON, BIT-CHEZE!11!!

Tax Resisters Beware:
The tax recipients now outnumber the tax payers. If the latter won't give it up on April 15, they are going to do some bleeding. One way or another, they are going to give it up. Burn, baby, burn!

With cigarettes at seven bucks a pack, how the hell is someone on welfare and foo-stamps supposed to afford health insurance? Huh?

Posted by: Zeek at March 20, 2010 05:04 PM
Look, two of them make a trend:
Like Red I work with "true believers" and they still believe in that pot of Obama cash and wonder when they get a check for their fair share, they are tired of waiting, I am almost ready to live for a year alone, food and wood stored up, I pray for America and I pray for peace.

Those Obama folk cause me to worry, when they finally understand that they will remain poor I expect a huge explosion of violence from them.

Posted by: duncan at March 20, 2010 11:45 PM
Probably not what Bob hoped for, but it's still a good excuse when you just have to shoot someone.

2 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I am almost ready to live for a year alone, food and wood stored up, I pray for America and I pray for peace.

If only it were so...

M. Bouffant said...

Lunatic Watch Editor Asks:

Which one, peace or "living alone" for a yr.?