Monday, July 16, 2012

Screwed Up But Good

Valley residents indentured to dead-end jobs in the basin avoid the 405 & various canyon routes to take the new Expo line to their soul-destroying* gigs.
The trains into town from the Valley get pretty crowded on weekdays and weekends, but Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky says in the story that the Valley presence on the Expo Line is surprising. "I wish I could say I planned this....It is unanticipated," Yaroslavsky said. "It's a reflection of how screwed up traffic is in this city that commuters are doing this circuitous route."

*Not actually true. Those who live in the Valley are either soul-less drones to begin w/ or living there destroyed their souls even before employment could deplete their humanity.

1 comment:

mikey said...

The trains into town from the Valley get pretty crowded on weekdays and weekends...

Ah. I see.

But the rest of the time it's not so bad, I reckon...