Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Megatron In A Barrel

From the "dramatic slide into the abyss" of The Atlantic, we bring you Megan "Jane Galt" McArdle, & her Asymmetrical Information web log. (We think "Asymmetrical Information" may have something to do w/ "asymmetrical war," though as practiced by Ms. McArdle it seems to mean saying something she finds quite daring & contrarian, backing it up w/ "it seems to me" & "I assume," then copping out w/ an "Oh, but you didn't understand my hidden meaning" @ the end.) Or just this sort of thing:

It wasn't long after I stopped writing short stories that it occurred to me that dying old, desperate and alone probably wasn't nearly as inspiring for the people it happened to as it was for twenty-year olds looking for an excuse to smoke too much.
Huh? At least she stopped writing short stories. We can't imagine why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having suffered through game theory in graduate school, I can report that "asymmetric information" is a piece of economics jargon that she may have picked up, as she never ceases to remind us, when she was getting an MBA from the University of Chicago. I think this allusion is a further attempt to bolster her weak credentials in economics.