Saturday, September 5, 2026

Saturday Night At The Movies

I stand 100% w/ our relatives, friends & neighbors in Canada in their struggle w/ the idiots in the current Republican regime & its active attempts to destroy North America*.Interesting that Charles Smiley Presents released this ©2009 compilation just five days ago.

Also of interest? Two of the Class I railroads operating in these United Snakes are Canadian.
Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF Railway trade the top spot depending on the metric used. Based on the most recent full-year data (2024):
  • Union Pacific Railroad – $24.3 Billion Revenue, 32,100 route miles, 32,400 employees
  • BNSF Railway – $23.4 Billion Revenue, 32,500 route miles, 41,000 employees
  • Canadian National Railway – $17.1 Billion Revenue (CAD), 20,000 route miles, 24,000 employees
  • CSX Transportation – $14.5 Billion Revenue, 21,000 route miles, 20,900 employees
  • CPKC – $14.2 Billion Revenue, 20,000 route miles, 20,000 employees
  • Norfolk Southern Railway – $12.1 Billion Revenue, 19,400 route miles, 19,600 employees
  • The 2023 CPKC merger significantly reshaped the competitive landscape. Before the merger, Kansas City Southern was the smallest Class I with revenues of just $2.75 billion and 4,000 route miles. The combined CPKC is now comparable in size to CSX and CN, making the six freight Class I railroads much more evenly matched than at any time in modern history.
If you didn't figure it out, the CP in CPKC is Canadian Pacific. That 2023 merger was the result of CP purchasing the KCS from NdeM, the national railroad of Mexico. Them furriners have a stranglehold on us! What will happen when Yank farmers run out of fertilizer & whatnot because of tariffs & oil scarcity? We won't be able to afford Canadian imports either!
*Does that make me a traitor? I hope so. Slap the bracelets on, G-Men!

No comments: