Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Idle Thoughts I Barely Care About

Surely None Of You Will

Positive development: My primary care physician apparently over-diagnosed the thing on the bottom of my foot. Went all the way to Westwood to see a podiatrist, who said it was a mere callus, not the plantar wart (caused by a strain of HPV virus) the M.D. thought it was. He applied cryotherapy twice, the podiatrist simply shaved it right off. No pain, then or now.
Other non-negative note: Rec'd. both pension & Social Security today, & still had US$505.87 in the credit union & a twenty in my pants. Guess I can afford several turnouts at $30.00 each now.
Completely negative: Watching baseball on Peacock, & its few advertisers. Does NBCUniversal no longer have a sales staff? I'm more than ready for TikTok to be banned worldwide & all involved to be imprisoned if I see that effing advert once more. What a crock.If they can't get more than five or six sponsors, could the sponsors make a couple more commercials so we needn't see the same damn ones approximately 50+ times per game? Nor am I interested in any Peacock streaming series, let alone seeing the same promos over & over & over & over. And yes, we understand very well that "This copyrighted broadcast is presented by the authority of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball. It may not be reproduced or retransmitted in any form, and the accounts and descriptions of this game may not be disseminated without express written consent." Most broadcasts only recite that once. I'm wearing out the mute button.
Good to see the Pale Hose beat the Houston Cheat-os. The South Siders might be fun in a Series w/ L.A.'s former Bums of Brooklyn. And maybe next yr. the Cubs & Sox can face off in the Series.

No comments: