Friday, April 15, 2011

Lady Wimp-Out

Some people, no matter how weird & wacky they pretend to be,
Gaga’s anatomy. Bodysuit, by special order, Francesco Scognamiglio. francesco scognamiglio.it. photo credit: Terry Richardson
simply can not stare into the abyss for long.
The song "Marry the Night," which Gaga wrote once she was this superstar she had always dreamed of being, is particularly memorable. She says that once she had become a household name--after winning Grammys, after wrestling with Madonna on Saturday Night Live, after countless magazine covers--she felt pressured to move to the pop-culture mecca that is Los Angeles. "I had all these number-one records, and I had sold all these albums, and it was sort of this turning point: Am I going to try and embrace Hollywood and assimilate to that culture?" Suffice to say, it didn't work out. "I put my toe in that water, and it was a Kegel-exercise vaginal reaction where I clenched and had to retract immediately," she says in a very vivid metaphor. "I ran furiously back to New York, to my old apartment, and I hung out with my friends, and I went to the same bars."
Weakling.

No comments: