Friday, November 2, 2007

Photo Fan Mail & More Sex Potatoes Re-Onion

Fellow agingmaturing punk/solitary type Jenny Lens checks in (look in the comments) w/ an improved URL for her new Wordpress website (Jenny Lens, in the Locals Only blogroll) & a bit o' commentary on the Sex Potatoes recent Roxy gig, which we mentioned as well, but we were being our usual smart-assed self, while Ms. Lens, apparently a human being w/ "emotions" &c., has something actual to say. And she posted the review from the (LA) Weekly cage-liner as well (not to be confused w/ the daily cage-liner, the Tribune Co.'s LATimes).

Jenny's Book:
Publication date: April 2008, order it now from Amazon; save $10.00 & change from the cover price.

3 comments:

Alex Constantine said...

I haven't mentioned that I am given to gnawing, ambient feelings of pleasure when I read your essays. A tiny voice murmurs: "Someone gets it." And once you have it, you turn it into silver. I've known a few writers in too many years of research who could do that. Looking forward to your future.

- AC

M. Bouffant said...

From The Editor:
Thanks!! Third dose of flattery we've rec'd. today, though we may not "get it" to the extent you do.
By the way, you know us, though apparently not as M. Bouffant. Take another look @ the picture & think "Chas." Ring any bells?
Cheers!

Jenny Lens said...

As usual, I am cracking up after a long, hard day slaving in Wordpress. I'm not cracking up cos of the work, but calling the "LA Times" "cage-liner." I had many birds and wouldn't put that stuff in their cages cos the ink would get all over their legs and then on me.

I won't even touch the hard copy and once in a blue moon I scan online to see if the Times has anything worth reading (rarely).

You are soooo funny. Thanks for the props. I don't think having "emotions" like myself is better than being "screamingly witty" as you are. Don't tell me your wit is absent of emotions!

I was discussing that topic today with my book editor. I told him I wanted to be wittier, but I have such a limited amount of space for text. After all, my book is primarily a photo book. I do tell stories, but as one can readily see, I am verbose. I sooo admire your ability to make me laugh with just a few words.

Thanks and what a wonderful way to end a looooong day. Today I changed the look of my blog/site yet again! Us artists, always tinkering with things.

Sex Potatoes, sorry, but a couple of them look more like a sack of potatoes! Ohmygawd, now Jonesy will really be rude to me and Johnny ignore me. Wait, they already are and do!! LOL!

WTF, never mind the bollocks, here's the sack potatoes!