Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Chauncey & Edgar Moment

From news from me, we find today is the 50th Anniversary of the debut of "Rocky and His Friends" on ABC.

The "me" in "news from" is Mark Evanier, a colleague of the voice of Rocky.
Working with or just being around June Foray, I've really come to appreciate how beloved the series was and is. She can't go anywhere without folks throwing out their favorite lines of dialogue or telling her their favorite Fractured Fairy Tale. It's not just "That was a good show." It's more like "Some of my happiest childhood moments..." or "My whole sense of humor..." or "My desire to become a writer [or artist] came from that series!"
Commies nothing, between MAD & Jay Ward Productions, America was subverted into a nation of snarky elitism before the culture warriors of the day could shout "Stop!"
"me" also refers us to PuffHo.

No comments: