Sunday, August 2, 2026

Too Much Wiring

Previously on Web of Evil (& Ennui) we found something of possible railroading use.
Not, however, useful for small structures. Wires too damn long.
And not as bright as I thought when I first removed the Xmas bulbs.
Thinking it will work inside a larger two-story bldg., for example:
Yup. Took it apart, & as I suspected, the other end needn't be connected to the battery, or even to itself, which I s'pose means more LEDs could be added. Powered by two C1220 "3v LITHIUM CELL"s, which allegedly last from 3-10 yrs., 20 for US$7.99 at Mall★Wart. Note black splice: Cut it when removing the base, but was able to put it back together. Sad as it is, I'm quite proud of myself.
Uh oh. Hot spots. Good job w/ the thin plastic, Walthers®. No, the lights aren't bright enough, & should be '50s-style yellow, not fluorescent-appearing.
And of course I'm not the first to have the idea, but Evan Designs didn't show when I made an unspecific search.

No comments: