Sunday, August 23, 2026
Slow Summer Sunday ...
by
M. Bouffant
at
12:59
Still 'phoning it in. Not that anyone's watching or listening, let alone paying.
At an impasse; I need a mess of new turnouts & I have to decide which brand(s) & sizes to buy. (Walthers or PECo?) Already have track I may never use, so I'm planning & measuring at least twice. Also realized a crossover is needed.Have two used ones, but I effed one up a bit & the other doesn't work so well either.Two new turnouts may be easier & less expensive than taking this to Burbank's Train Shack at US$75.00/hr.
Note broken piece of brass(?) that allows the point rail to flop about.That grommet is yesterday's technology, 'though this newer model doesn't appear any easier to repair.This will now require hrs. more experimentation & the joining & rejoining of track, turnouts & paper templates. One hears the phrase "World's Greatest Hobby" a lot; thinking it's somewhere between most irksome & most boring.
Have some all-American track-laying, re-laying & then laying again & again music.
This cat is quite the selector. Hey-bob-a-re-bop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment