Sunday, December 14, 2014

Keeping Up W/ The Joneses

Acquisition of a streaming device by my long-time friend & occasional musical associate ("Minutes", immediately below.) reminded me that the WEB OF EVIL bunker now being WiFi-equipped I could latch onto one of those cheapinexpensive Chromecast deals, which I almost did directly through Google; the US$3.99 for the cheapest shipping (ships in two biz days, 3-5 days shipping time, a virtual eternity) gave me pause & I checked w/ Best Buy, which was offering the dongle for US$5.01 less than Google's 35.00 list price; no charge to bus to & from the store either. (Indeed, the unplanned bus trip increased the value of the monthly pass. Win-win.)

Also deals offered for two free mos. of huluplus & 20 bones worth of Google play, so in a justification sense it's about free. Except that I wouldn't ordinarily waste a nickel on any of that crap. There's more of interest on YouTube than there is anywhere that wants to make straight-up profit. So far I've already watched these in the 32" diag. size that 3:4 shows as on a 40" screen. Beats squinting at the 13.25" that 4:3 shows as on the devil-box.

The battle - 1965 United States Marines Educational Documentary - Ella73TV

Convair B-58 Hustler Emergency Landing - 1961 United States Air Force Educational Documentary

1961 Nuclear Reactor Meltdown : The SL-1 Accident - United States Army Documentary - WDTVLIVE42

(O.K., that I didn't watch in its entirety. And it's an Atomic Energy Commission documentary, not the U.S. Army's.)

No comments: