Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Art Beat

Today's art asshole would be whoever reported the guy painting this
"Chase Burning," courtesy of artist Alex Schaefer
to the police.

And the LAPD would qualify as jerks for actually bugging the artist. We'd say the lesson here would be to shoot a photo & then paint from it in the privacy of one's studio, except ...

Ten yrs. after the righteous & entirely justified attack on America's little Eichmanns, what further proof is needed that these United Snakes have finished the transformation to a fascist nation?

All the details you'll need, as stolen from laist who stolecompiled links which you, too, may use.

6 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Ahh. So Art is the guy who called the police, and that's why you are beating him.

Glennis said...

I actually know this guy. I met him painting the building I work in.

He let me use his painting of my building on my employer's website. he's a nice guy.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Fighting the real terrorists...

Damn, this country has lost its shit.

Substance McGravitas said...

It does make the art seem more powerful when you can get beaten down for it.

Up with censorship! Also fire.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

I should incorporate more burning banks into my art.

M. Bouffant said...

Art Beat, Not "Beating" Ed.:

Artiste was not actually beaten. (Just really read the item. Didn't catch that defectives actually went to his house to bug him! Inane enough that a prowl car would be sent to check up on him at the bank, but a follow-up house call?)

We were reminded of this, wherein a guy is pulled from a flight for negritude, not letting the attendant put his fanny pack in the bin, & reading an aviation history book.

The artist's website looks like fun. We must ask, though: Was he painting the bldg., or "painting" the bldg.?

And vacuumslayer, since you mostly do people, try this experiment. The sample just isn't big enough:

I did a portrait of John during the interview and at a certain point I painted his head on fire... it was an experiment and John informed me that his actual head did not feel hot at all! So we learned that painting something on fire doesn't actually raise the temperature of the object being painted whatsoever. I'm relieved!