Saturday, September 15, 2012

This Web Log Stands W/ DP

This made the idiots angry:
This, for crying out loud.
When do the "Teach the Controversy" riots begin?

Mary Elizabeth Williams at Salon has a few choice lunacies.
After the ad appeared, the soda-drinking Bible literalists promptly took to the comments, declaring, with no hint of irony whatsoever, that “I ain’t no freakin’ chimp.” Of course, the creationists should have expected Dr. Pepper to come down on the side of science. He is a doctor, after all.

Ever since, on the JESUS IS NOT A PEPPER side, commenters have been weighing in to register their fury, declaring “this photo is in very poor taste and certainly not something I want to identify with!!!” and “I didn’t come from no ape the great creator made me GOD!!!!!!!” Because God loves exclamation points like he despises abiogenesis. And several people have declared “No more DP for me” because of the apparent anti-world-in-seven-days stance. “Let me believe in a God that created me,” writes one poster. “I’ll let you believe that you came from a rock.” Reminder: We’re talking about an ad in which a caveman discovers Dr. Pepper.
The editorial & cleaning staff at Just Another Yada™ are firm in our belief that dude indeed came from a rock, & we support Dr Pepper (No period, Mary Elizabeth.) w/ our money as well as our mouth.
Although these Peppers on the label are a little creepy.
And awfully Anglo.

5 comments:

mikey said...

For the most part, I hate soft drinx in general. I cannot abide cola, and the clear ones remind me of feeling nauseous when I was a child. But, when forced to drink something sweet and non-alcoholic, I will always go with Dr Pepper. I spent a number of my formative years in Texas, and that is, after all, the national drink...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I used to LOVE Coca Cola.

My face is full of fillings as a result.

But it still makes a good ingredient in a 3 hour pot roast...
~

Weird Dave said...

Good thing those kids were the winners...

bjkeefe said...

Oh man. Just got back from the grocery store, where twelve-packs of Coca Cola products were on sale. Drat. Next time.

(Also, I couldn't have carried any, because I was buying Sierra Nevada, because coastal elitism.)

The best part of the next few days is going to be surfing the wingnutosphere, looking for instances of huffers huffing about "those idiots" buying DP, and then pasting Chik-Fil-A flyers into the comments.

M. Bouffant said...

Un-Cola Editor:
To our bizarre taste buds, colas have a soapy undertone. And we have a sweet tooth (yet few teeth) so we're not going out of our way "supporting" the Dr Pepper corporate entity.