Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On The Campaign Trail: The Newt Beat

Someone liked it.
Mother Jones takes a long look at Gingrich through the yrs.
1988 Gingrich discusses his midlife crisis: "I spent a fair length of time trying to come to grips with who I was and the habits I had, and what they did to people that I truly loved. I really spent a period of time where, I suspect, I cried three or four times a week. I read Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them and I found frightening pieces that related to ... my own life."

1989 He explains to the Washington Post why he fights with his second wife, Marianne: "It's not even that it matters to me. It's just the habit of dominance, the habit of being the center of my staff and the center of the news media." Newt gives the marriage a "53–47" shot of surviving.

1989 After taking down Speaker Jim Wright (D-Texas) by filing a string of ethics charges, Gingrich basks in his role as giant-killer. "If you're not in the Washington Post every day," he says, "you might as well not exist."

1989 Gingrich lays out his electoral roadmap: "The left-wing Democrats will represent the party of total hedonism, total exhibitionism, total bizarreness, total weirdness, and the total right to cripple innocent people in the name of letting hooligans loose."

1998 Gingrich divorces Marianne. A later Esquire profile offers a glimpse of the last days, from Marianne's point of view:
Gingrich just kept saying she was a Jaguar and all he wanted was a Chevrolet. "'I can't handle a Jaguar right now.' He said that many times. 'All I want is a Chevrolet.'"
This makes Callista a Catholic Chevrolet, then?

There are three Internet pp. of Newtonian vileness. Enjoy!

6 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I may be criticized for wasting my time watching Ed Schulz, but no way am i wading through Gingrich's heinous history. I KNOW he's a repulsive moral reprobate.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

So he's always been disgusting. Not surprising.

M. Bouffant said...

Editor Sympathizes:

We have the whole Mighty Sorry, No Body Cares line-up on all day as Internet background, Ed included, unless there's a game on (in case something or someone blows up we must know first) but we don't mention it. We just post segments we like.

We mostly included/stole personally illustrative Newt items before we got ill, but the political spew's awful too.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The sad thing would be going through the history of our modern day "liberal-biased MSM" promoting and covering up for this scumbag.

Eff Gingrich (with someone else's parts). He's boring and old news.

GIVE US TRUMP!
~

Glennis said...

I think it make Callista a Geo Metro.

Well, maybe a Prism. With that lavender-y color.

M. Bouffant said...

I may be criticized for wasting my time watching Ed Schulz, but no way am i wading through Gingrich's heinous history. I KNOW he's a repulsive moral reprobate.

Posted by zombie rotten mcdonald to Just Another Blog (From L.A.)™ at 11 May, 2011 15:57

---------------
The sad thing would be going through the history of our modern day "liberal-biased MSM" promoting and covering up for this scumbag.

Eff Gingrich (with someone else's parts). He's boring and old news.

GIVE US TRUMP!
~

Posted by ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© to Just Another Blog (From L.A.)™ at 11 May, 2011 16:56

-------------------
I think it makes Callista a Geo Metro.

Well, maybe a Prism. With that lavender-y color.

Posted by Aunt Snow to Just Another Blog (From L.A.)™ at 12 May, 2011 07:49