Sunday, March 7, 2021

Wknd. Up-Date

Visited the croaker Fri., bitched about lack of vax; he said they'd been trying to contact me to set up a vaccination. Whatever. The ringer's off, & if I don't see your call announced on the telebision, you (& I) are S.O.L. 

Anyhoo, the doc put the staff on it & this reporter is scheduled to be poked w/ "PT COVID-19 VACCINE DOSE 1" later in the wk., at Ronald Reagan (Hock! Ptui!!) U.C.L.A. Medical Center. (Beats County-U.S.C., & I say that as a Southern Cal semi-alum.) Only an hr. on the bus, & they accept people w/o wheels. Not that air-polluters won't be catered to.
If I contract the fucking plague on the bus to Westwood will the vaccine do any good? 

The doctor also noted that the gummint or whoever's handing out the vaccines "doesn't trust doctor's offices w/ the vaccine". Interesting. 

Less interesting to others but I'll note it for the record: Dropped 11 lbs. (almost five keys) in the last two-&-a-half months, just from cutting back on baked goods, cheese, bread, iced coffees, soft drinks & other horse pucky. If my ass ever stops hurting & I start exercising ...

Zzzzzzzz ... 

Sorry. Had to lie down for a while after thinking about exercise. 

Other good news: Blood pressure down 10 mmHg. systolic & 4 mmHg. diastolic, O2 saturation 97%. Tympanic temperature 97.4°F (36.33333°C): Heart remains black & lips are still cold, to coin a phrase.

No comments: