Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Beyond The Darwin Award

Washington Post:
‘It will take off like a wildfire’: The unique dangers of the Washington state measles outbreak  —  VANCOUVER, Wash. — Amber Gorrow is afraid to leave her house with her infant son because she lives at the epicenter of Washington state's worst measles outbreak in more than two decades.
Los Angeles Times:   The anti-vaxx movement is a worldwide pandemic
Dunno the vaccination status of the parental units refusing vaccinations for their hideous mutant spawn (probably most born post-1965, if not earlier, have been measles-vaccinated) but they may not be aware that adults who contract measles are postulated to have a greater chance of getting multiple sclerosis, as I was advised in 1980 by a Beverly Hills croaker after contracting measles at 27 while doing the worm w/ college students in a U.C. Irvine dorm common room, during an Angry Samoans performance. (Also on the "bill", I think: Rhino 39.
Adding to punk credibility: The symptoms began two wks. later [The average incubation period; not so punk.] while I was at The Troub catching Eight-Eyed Spy f/ Lydia Lunch & FEAR. Threw up in the alley on my way out, & not from an excess of booze, as may have happened once or twice. Rock rock rock & roll!)

I suppose these millennial (I assume) shits who are refusing vaccination for their children are themselves protected, but I hope they know what they're getting into. Cost me two wks. lying down, lost about 20 lbs. (No appetite. Plenty of fluids & had buttered toast once before I regained strength.) & I have a pockmark or two on my forehead. The Beverly Hills M.D. advised me to stick to a drink a day for the next yr., but wouldn't be specific as to why until I got him to tell me I "had a 1% chance of getting M.S." Now that I see the connection remains unconfirmed, I wonder if that's why he was so reticent about sharing it.

Still haven't had mumps (or the vaccination). Or even chicken-pox. One of these days I may tell you about my adventures as a rubella vector.

In the meantime, keep killing yourselves & your children, you fucking morons. The less of your kind the better.

No comments: