Saturday, November 22, 2014

Compare, Contrast, Consume

You bet I wanted meat after seeing naked dinner last evening on the way to foraging at Ralph's (Where no prices are lower prices than Ralph's prices.) where, although it isn't Frozen Food Mo. (March) both these products were marked down to US$2.99, inspiring me to consider a taste test.
Which I haven't, yet. But we can make determinations from the packaging. Most obvious: Stouffers gives you 11.5 oz. (326g), Marie Callender weighs in at a whopping 13 oz. (369g). Is that ounce & a half difference why Stouffer's appears to use less packaging?

Hmmmm ... not sure I want to compare ingredients. (Have to take another picture if I do ...) A couple of easy comparisons: Stouffer's version has parsley! And both claim their pasta to be freshly made, though furriners Stouffer's call it "fettucine," & Marie Con Agra likes to call it "pasta". Cultural difference here? Does the heartland think "fettucine" [sic] is pretentious coastal elite stuff (as well as difficult to pronounce)?

Here. I haven't the nerve to compare.
Stouffer's has six mos. more shelf life.
Taste results probably later this wknd., if I live to tell the tale.

Later: Odd. Stouffer's goes w/ "fettuccini", Google suggested "fettuccine" (When it feels like suggesting. Doing evil or not doing anything, 24/7. Piece of shit.) & I missed a "c" either way.

3 comments:

mikey said...

Hmmm. I wonder what quality it is exactly that makes meatballs 'Swedish'?

Perhaps I'll venture over to the wackypedia for some edumacation...

M. Bouffant said...

Sat. Aft. Dull Ed.:
Cheeses, you may actually be more jaded/bored/numb than I am. Isn't the glutinous slop ladled on the balls & fettuccine the "Swedish" ingredient?

Weird Dave said...

Is it made with real Swedes?