Friday, April 19, 2024

Sawing Wood

Spent the afternoon & evening watching the Angels & Dodgers lose while sawing wood (Literally, not, unfortunately, snoring the day away.) after drawing & re-drawing lines.
I considered renting a powered saw (don't saw esp. straight, but gaps are covered by fake grass & real sand) or taking two days to do it all, but once I started I eventually got all I needed cut, w/ time off to watch the telly & what not. Still have 17.25" to saw (lower right) & a corner or two to round off but that can wait until my arm is reattached.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're working too hard.

That tool in the picture was not designed for the task you've employed it.

It may be too late now but you need a saw with more aggressive teeth.

One designed for the job at hand.

Mr. Natural always said: "Always use the right tool for the job."

M. Bouffant said...

Cheap & Lazy Ed.:
Oh, I know. I fully intended to avoid any carpentry (Note milk crate "benchwork".) but plans expanded & I kept finding plywood on the street, so I ended up w/ the cheapest saw at Home Despot, a miter saw.

Oddly, that street wood, which is harder to drive a track nail into than any of the other lumber I've found, cuts a bit easier.

Too late indeed, but this is it for sawing; no more room to expand.