Thursday, October 25, 2018

Dumb Jock Dep't.

Christ on a crutch, Caitlyn, could you have been a bigger chump?
Caitlyn Jenner: I thought Trump would help the LGBTQ community. I was wrong.
Following Trump’s election as president, I saw fertile ground for change within the Republican Party on LGBTQ issues. Trump was the first Republican presidential candidate to claim to support this valuable, vulnerable community, and I was encouraged by the applause he received when he said at the Republican National Convention in July 2016 that he would stand up for the LGBTQ community. Poll after poll showed that Americans’ views on LGBTQ issues were changing for the better — and that this groundswell extended even to the voter base of the Republican Party. I was optimistic that this was how I could leverage my privilege for change.
Perhaps Jenner didn't notice the context ("Perhaps". Ha ha. Dumb jock, as noted.) of Trump's "standing up" in 2016: Muzzy bashing. (From the Daily Beast link above. She linked to it!)
“As president, I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology,” Trump said to applause.
Nothing about the hateful home-grown religion of these United Snakes there, & all the delegates heard & applauded was "dirty rag-heads".

The lesson here is that optimism is self-delusion. Get hip to this kindly tip:

No comments: