Monday, May 18, 2020

This Doesn't Seem Good At All

From the inbox, 1549 hrs. this date:
Dear Residents,

First we'd like to thank you all for your continued understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.

The COVID-19 pandemic has created many unforeseen circumstances, challenges and changes in our day-to-day.

As a consequence of COVID-19 [Name w/held] is no longer the on-site manager for this property.

Our thoughts and prayers are with her and her family during this difficult time.

In the meantime we are working on having a replacement manager by June 1st.
Not that I would have recognized her, but this is the first person who exists in my meatspace (Hell, in this very damn building!) that I know to have contracted the plague. But hey, if the Mouth of Sauron gets it, it's no doubt well deserved.

I do wish Mr. Parasite Landlord had made clearer what the hell's going on. Does [REDACTED] herself have it? A family member? Is it crawling all over the bldg. as I type? Has her apartment been cleansed w/ fire? Should I believe my time ain't long?

No comments: