Thursday, November 2, 2017

No Thing = No Thing

I've been telling anyone who'll listen that the very universe is random, arbitrary & completely w/o meaning, which of course scares the weak-minded losers who wish they were special & Gawd* had a purpose for them, rather than face the fact that they are here to produce for their masters, reproduce future wage-slaves for their masters & then die, no more & often less.

Alley Cats - "Nothing Means Nothing Anymore"

Here, via digby at Hullabaloo, is further evidence that meaning &/or truth of any kind is a sad fucking joke, especially to the credulous cretins who consume the fake news & straight-up lies promulgated by right-wing media. We can also note that interviewee Charlie Sykes, after decades in drooling idjit radio, is hardly innocent. Sykes does, however, admit that Cleek's Law is no longer theoretical.
That's certainly possible. I mean, look where we are right now. What is conservatism right now other than anti-liberalism? People like Rush Limbaugh have essentially acknowledged that. He used to call his show “The Limbaugh Institute for Conservatism” and now it’s “The Limbaugh Institute for Anti-Leftism” — or something like that.

I’m not sure we can identify what’s left of conservatism other than a hatred for leftism.
He also admits right-wingers don't know shit from Shinola™have an "education gap".
And look, this is deeply unfashionable for me to say as a conservative, but I think the education gap is not irrelevant. I used the term Vichy Republican the other day to describe Republicans who are basically collaborators, and I was a little taken aback by the number of people who had no idea what I was talking about.
Can't say much beyond "Après nous, le déluge", can one? I'm just glad après nous will be sooner than later for me, because I cannot take much more of this.
*A concept by which we measure our pain.

No comments: