Friday, March 18, 2016

Today In Republican Crackers
& Democracy

Latest* compassionate conservative solution to all your problems: Rent a U-Haul & then move it or lose it!Hank Snow & His Rainbow Ranch Boys - I'm Moving On (1950)
Now, even if you have a job Mississip' doesn't want your kind & it's Ausländer Raus from elected office-holders:
A lawmaker responded to an email from a Gulfport woman saying he 'could care less' about her concerns and suggested she move out of Mississippi.

When Becky Guidry of Gulfport emailed freshman Rep. Karl Oliver, R-Winona, expressing her concerns about the tax breaks being considered by the Legislature, she was shocked by his response.

"It is irresponsible of our leadership to suggest eliminating income and corporate franchise taxes when: revenue projections are already down, budgets for various services are being cut across the board, funding for public education and other critical services such as child care, foster care and roads/bridges are underfunded," Guidry wrote in an email she said she sent to most representatives. "...If and when this bill reaches the full House for a vote, again, I urge you to vote No."

REMEMBER THIS? Rep. Bubba Carpenter interjects race into ballot initiative

Guidry is referring to a bill that passed the Senate that would eliminate the corporate franchise tax and cut income taxes, resulting in $575 million in tax cuts over 15 years.

Oliver responded with the following:
Mrs. Guidry,

I normally don't return emails that do not request a response, but I found yours so intriguing I simply felt led to respond.

I see you are not a native to the Great State of Mississippi nor do you and I have similar political views. The people of our Great State overwhelmingly share my same or similar views on Government responsibility. I appreciate you going to the trouble to share yours with me, but quite frankly, and with all due respect, I could care less. I would, however, recommend that there are a rather large number of like minded citizens in Illinois that would love to see you return.

With warmest personal regards,Karl Oliver
Oliver confirmed Friday morning he did send the email and that he "wasn't rude" in his response and did not suggest Guidry move back to Illinois.

"She's taking a question about a tax bill and turning it into me being anti-public education," Oliver said, noting his wife is a schoolteacher. "You can check my record and see that's not true."

Guidry said when she saw Oliver's response to her email, her "blood was boiling."

LAWMAKER: '...all the blacks are getting food stamps"

"My interpretation was since I was not born here that my opinion just doesn't count," Guidry said. "My husband's family is here ... I work and pay taxes, my son goes to public schools in the Gulfport School District. We're involved in our community."

Oliver is the president and director of Oliver Funeral Home of Winona. His election website reads: "Welcome to Mississippi; we're open for business!"

Oliver said on Friday he believes there is a place for different views and opinions in Mississippi.

"This isn't news," he told The Clarion-Ledger. "Twist it any way you want."

*Not really. I remember if not Reagan then someone in his administration saying people should simply "move where the jobs are" during one or another Reagan recession. Same shit, different decade.

All things considered, I agree: Move the hell out before it's too damn late!Johnnie Clarke - Move Out Of Babylon b/w A Moving Version (Horse)

No comments: