Monday, December 21, 2015

"I feel more depth in myself at this time of year than any other time."
— Kenny Rogers

Kenny Rogers To Roast In Hell?

In the Guardian, Kenny admits Christmas is crap that must be re-inforced (Trump-style, he gets the Mexicanschumps to pay for having it shoved down their throats annually) & then shares his War On Christmas apocrypha:
For 35 years I’ve done a 40-day Christmas tour. We start the day after Halloween and we work literally every night. The people who come to Christmas shows have a different mindset than people who want to hear the hits. They are looking for someone to help re-enforce the importance of Christmas to them. I encourage them to not lose Christmas. I bought some clothes the other day, and the young kid said: “Have a happy holiday,” and I said: “Have a merry Christmas,” and he said: “We aren’t allowed to say that in here,” and I said: “Well, I can.” It’s so easy to be politically correct and pretty soon everything gets sterilised.
He sounds sorry he let his offspring get an education & move to the big city, too.
[Trump] believes everything he says: whether he’s right or not, he says what everybody fears. My older sons laugh at me when I tell them that. They are Democrats that live in California – there’s no hope for them. They’ll vote for Hillary no matter what she does. She’s a friend of mine, I’m not trashing her.
Parse that first sentence, literary types. What the hell's that mean? I think it means he & Trump are scared for no reason but so is "everybody" else, & that's good.

Kenny the Sheep:
I’ve never been overtly religious, but I’ve always been deeply spiritual. Music touches me. I feel more depth in myself at this time of year than any other time.
Happy "Re-enforcing the Importance of Christmas to Them" Holidays, crackerscountry people!

No comments: