Thursday, October 1, 2015

Today In Whoring

You're supposed to be stopping crap,
not enabling it!

Announcing the Acceptable Ads program

Hi, it's Michael, the creator of AdBlock. Pardon the interruption!

For years I have wanted to help make it easy for you to see useful ads and block annoying ones. I am excited to tell you that it's finally happening.

AdBlock is now participating in the Acceptable Ads program. Acceptable Ads defines strict guidelines to identify non-annoying ads*, which AdBlock now shows by default. This way, you can help support your favorite websites -- and if you still want to block every ad, you can disable this easily.

Want more details?

I think you'll really like the change. Happy surfing!

Michael

PS: Why now? Well, I have always shared similar goals for the Web with the ad blocker Adblock Plus, who created the Acceptable Ads program. But I did not like the fact that they also control the program, because they are supported by some Acceptable Ads advertisers. Now, Adblock Plus will be transferring custodianship of Acceptable Ads to an impartial group of experts. I love this idea -- in fact, it was my wife Katie’s suggestion! Due to this change, I'm happy for AdBlock to join the program. As a result, I am selling my company, and the buyer is turning on Acceptable Ads. My long-time managing director will keep working with the new company. I believe this is a great thing for you users.

It's been an honor to make the Web a better place for you! :)
The above horseshit opened in its own fucking tab w/o being asked. Had I paid this dipshit Michael one penny for his extension I'd be so angry I'd do something about it; in the meantime, sell-out Michael, get back on your corner & leave me the hell out of your world of bullshit & "acceptable" ads!
*No such thing. The very concept of advertising annoys the living hell out of this reporter & every decent humanoid in this world of shit & pain. As does typing those stupid ":)" things.

No comments: