Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Get Off My Lawn; I'm Going to Kill It!

“Many urban Californians don’t realize how bad a drought the state is in,” board chair Felicia Marcus said last week. “It is a mistake to think that they are not at risk. What these regulations propose is not that everyone kill off their lawns, but that at a minimum, people don’t over-water.”
What-fucking-ever. Personally, I'm going to take a page from the cretin element's Earth Day activities (running the Hummer in the garage all day) & leave all taps on 24/7, hoping both to bankrupt the fucking landlord & bring the drought crisis to a head. An unfortunate necessity, but stupid ignorant (but I repeat myself) Americans won't act, react, or even be aware of the problem until it's too fucking late.

Water War!!

8 comments:

Pupienus Maximus said...

That's called doing a ... who was that fuckwad who opened his doors and ran the HVAC with his car idling and ...

Fuck, my brain leaks are getting worse

M. Bouffant said...

Humid in Here Editor:
It's a popular move for the morons to claim. I think Erick, son of ... once typed he was going to do it. And he's probably so dense he did.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I have long thought that lawns are bourgeois and pointless. Plant native plants, most of them perennials, most of them useful. To see some "weekend squire" killing the pretty, edible dandelions so he can have a lawn of blah, useless grass boggles my mind.

Weird Dave said...

This is hilarious.

OBS said...

I fucking hate lawns. Against my better judgement, I just replaced my old, shitty, mostly dead lawn (the way it should be) with new sod and am now watering the hell out of it, which pisses me off to no end.

But I'm trying to sell the place to move to a nicer place without a lawn at all, so I guess it's worth it.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Let's lynch him.
~

M. Bouffant said...

"Anybody got any lynch?" Editor:
I'm sure you know, but here is a knowledgable puppy w/ the deal behind "the lawn".

"Hilarious?" I wish "West Cali" were on the ballot this yr. (Wish I could say I'd signed it, too.) Anything not to be associated w/ the S.D & O.C. types & the fuggin' farmers in the central valley. Anything.

Weird Dave said...

Careful what you ask for.