Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Frolic Room: Hollywood's Home
Away From Home

Bottoms up, losers!
A relatively nice, if cramped, place, & now certainly the longest extant bar on the "Hollywood Blvd." (it's just east of Vine) part of Hollywood Boulevard. Only celeb I've ever seen there was the blonde sidekick from The Drew Carey Show (I was loose enough to tell him him to get out, this was a decent neighborhood bar & we didn't need his kind in here.) Also, a guy once identified to me as Shelley Duvall's (younger) brother was a regular, if that counts as a celebrity sighting or Brush w/ Greatness.

Review: I haven't darkened their door in yrs., but I don't remember the drinks being esp. strong or inexpensive (one must, of course, pay for the location).

Previously: No idea how (or if) this turned out. Fine following up, eh?

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Least yer still breathin'.
~

Scott said...

The first time I went in there, some elderly but aggressive regular challenged me to identify all the caricatures in the Hirschfeld mural, and seemed bitterly disappointed when I managed it. Which made two of us, since it felt exactly like the kind of small, meaningless triumph that ought to have at least won me a free drink.

M. Bouffant said...

Sober But Clinically Insane Editor:
At least. (I wonder if I could still name the names.) And if most of the people I know who hung there hadn't moved to the real Eastside (Highland Park & vicinity) they probably would've been the next generation of elderly regulars.