Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Local M.F. Memories

Via L.A. Observed, we learn that Mick Farren spent close to three decades locally. From Dangerous Minds we learn that not just L.A. but the entire United Snakes were right out as far as where Mick would prefer to die.
Mick told me that he didn’t want to die in America and who could blame him? [...] In earth years he was 69, but if you take into account all of the life lived that was crammed into those decades—and all the pounds of drugs and thousands of gallons of alcohol that have coursed through his liver and bloodstream—he was probably twice that old in real terms. [...] The last time I saw Mick, right before he left Los Angeles in 2010, he could barely breathe. Walking even a short distance completely winded him.
Rock rock rock & roll ...

And for those who don't believe Just Another Blog (From L.A.)™ is the place for news, an eyewitness account of the events.

3 comments:

mikey said...

I'm not historically familiar with Mr. Farren, but I've always felt a real kinship with Freddie Mercury and Bon Scott. That's the whole fucking point of rock n roll, and the fact that Zevon lived longer than he should have and Steven Tyler isn't dead should not be held against either of them.

I tried so hard, but my system and my budget conspired against my tragic death and now I'm just another fat white guy who tried to be a supernova and ended up an endnote....

BadTux said...

now I'm just another fat white guy who tried to be a supernova and ended up an endnote....

Crap, at least you get to be an endnote. When I die, all they're gonna do is burn my body in a giant oven then toss the ashes in a ditch in a field. I ain't gonna be footnote, end note, or even a fucking period.

As for Mick Farren, he didn't make a huge splash as a musician, but he wrote enough books that he's more than an endnote too. So it goes. 69 ain't bad for a musician, as I said before. They usually die much younger, unless they're Keith Richards, in which case they're pretty damn much immortal.

M. Bouffant said...

Burn Out?/Fade Away? Editor:
Leave your body to "science," then. We have.

Figuring we'll all be known for our iNternettery, just posthumously. Does no good now while we're living (if you can call it that) but ...