Monday, July 2, 2012

Compare & Contrast

One or another of Sullivan's staff (Our emphases.):
"I want to be Jonathan Krohn, and I’m tired of being an ideology, and it’s not fun and it gets boring and it’s not who we are as individuals," - former 13-year-old CPAC star, Jonathan Krohn, revealing that he is, in fact, a conservative.

Which means that he cannot currently be a Republican.
Yeah, right.

The very next sentences in the Politico item:
But a quick rundown of his current political stances suggests a serious pendulum swing away from the right.

Gay marriage? In favor. Obamacare? “It’s a good idea.” Who would he vote for (if he could) in November? “Probably Barack Obama.” His favorite TV shows? “The Daily Show” and “The Colbert Report.” His favorite magazine? The New Yorker. And, perhaps telling of all, Krohn is enrolling this fall at a college not exactly known for its conservatism: New York University.

“One of the first things that changed was that I stopped being a social conservative,” said Krohn. “It just didn’t seem right to me anymore. From there, it branched into other issues, everything from health care to economic issues.… I think I’ve changed a lot, and it’s not because I’ve become a liberal from being a conservative — it’s just that I thought about it more. The issues are so complex, you can’t just go with some ideological mantra for each substantive issue.”
Out-thought by a 17-yr. old. Just fucking sad, Sully. Sad & pathetic. Can Sullivan be deported? Is he a damn U.S of A. citizen now? Can we lift it if he is? Been done to other naturalized fascisti.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Heh.

Andrew Sullivan.
~

M. Bouffant said...

Misery/Company Editor:
We see that even driftglass agrees w/ Sullivan 80% of the time. The remaining % is really irksome in its idiocy 'though.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

"One of the first things that changed was that I stopped being a social conservative,” said Krohn. “It just didn’t seem right to me anymore."

I other words, he discovered girls... or boys.

Weird Dave said...

Awww, all growed up.

And what B^4 said.