Monday, May 7, 2012

Willard "Mittens" Rmoney, Con Scholar; John McCain, Blank Slate

“Well, as I’m sure you do, I happen to believe the Constitution was not just brilliant but probably inspired. I happen to believe the same thing about the Declaration of Independence,” he said, to applause. “I would respect the different branches of government if I am fortunate enough to become president.”
Oh. You know what that means? GEE-ZIZ!! is what it means.

In language notes, we've enjoyed the construction "happen to believe" elsewhere, & quite recently:
Speaking about presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney selecting of a vice presidential running mate, McCain said on ABC's "This Week" that the “primary, absolute, most important aspect is if something happened to him, would that person be well qualified to take that place?”

“I happen to believe that was the … primary factor on my decision in 2008," McCain said, "and I know it will be Mitt’s.”
The proverbial unexamined life: Can't even give us an idea of what went through his mind.

No comments: