Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dep't. Of Answered Prayers

Be careful for what you wish. We're guessing that until a wk. ago few people had heard of calling 911 (It's a joke.) & claiming something awful for which the heat should be well-armed was going on at someone else's pad. This wk.?
Last week we spent a lot of time writing about Brett Kimberlin and the incident involving blogger Patterico where someone spoofed his phone number and told 911 he had shot his wife.

Tonight, my family was sitting around the kitchen table eating dinner when sheriffs deputies pulled up in the driveway.

Someone called 911 from my address claiming there had been an accidental shooting.

It wasn’t nearly the trauma that Patterico suffered, but I guess the Erickson household is on somebody’s radar.

Luckily it was two sheriffs deputies who knew me and I had already, last week, advised the Sheriff’s Department to be on the look out for something like this.
Really? Isn't that a little obvious? How many more of these web bloviators will this happen to? And which one will be caught spoofing themselves due to technical ineptitude? Or be a victim of the Law & Order State he championed? Irony will be thick.

Erick didn't seem to be as interested in pulling out his wife's shotgun to enforce his property rights when dealing w/ armed professionals as w/ a "twerp" from the census. (Admittedly, only in his fertile imagination did he do any such thing.)
ERICKSON: This is crazy. What gives the Commerce Department the right to ask me how often I flush my toilet? Or about going to work? I'm not filling out this form. I dare them to try and come throw me in jail. I dare them to. Pull out my wife's shotgun and see how that little ACS twerp likes being scared at the door. They're not going on my property. They can't do that. They don't have the legal right, and yet they're trying.

3 comments:

Weird Dave said...

You know, if Claude forbid I were to ever actually call in an "accidental shooting", I really hope the first thing that shows up is an ambulance.

Personal Injury Attorney Dallas said...

A public traded Company can carry forward, as much money or as little money as they want.

M. Bouffant said...

Crazed, Violent Editor Thinks:
Some son-of-a-bitch is just fucking asking for a personal injury, isn't he?