Friday, December 16, 2011

Grifting From Town To Town

Rick Perry, retired gov't. employee.
Perry officially retired in January so he could start collecting his lucrative pension benefits early, but he still gets to collect his salary — and has in turn dramatically boosted his take-home pay.

Perry makes a $150,000 annual gross salary as Texas govenor. Now, thanks to his early retirement, Perry, 61, gets a monthly retirement annuity of $7,698 before taxes, or $6,588 net. That raises his gross annual salary to more than $240,000.

On a swing through Cherokee, Iowa, Perry was asked why the Employee Retirement System should be paying his retirement while he's still collecting a salary.

"That’s been in place for decades ... I don’t find that to be out of the ordinary,” Perry said "ERS called me and said, 'Listen you're eligible to access your retirement now with your military time and your time and service, and I think you would be rather foolish to not access what you’ve earned.'”
What's a goddamn "Ponzi scheme" now, you fucking double-dipping parasite?Wooooo! From the times before Mr. Bland went slick, got a horn section, & personified the "urban" blues.

4 comments:

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

Just s heads up: your site now shuts down my desktop every time I visit it. Nobody else's site does this. It's pretty irritating, and--naturally--it makes it hard to comment. I am commenting on my iPad because I don't want your site shutting down my desktop again.

M. Bouffant said...

Low-to-No-Tech Editor:

Thanks & "Oh, swell!" It's been acting odd here too, but I was assuming browser or video card trouble. Not that we can do much.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

It works fine on the desktop I dragged out east cause the winetop broke.

(Not like Atrios's horrible disqusting sight, err, cite, and such ass.)
~

M. Bouffant said...

Help Desk:

Somebody likes to complain & blame others for her problems. Somebody other than us, that is.