Friday, May 20, 2011

Man Bites Dog: Homo-Hater Called Nazi ... By Republican!

Not only that, the hater who called patriot homophobe & Metal Mad Man Bradlee Dean a Nazi (more or less, we're taking a little reactionary license w/ the headline, Jim Hoft-style) is the same guy who invited him to deliver the imprecation of the day to the Minnesota House.
According to those present, Dean, who has suggested he approves of the death penalty for gay people on a radio show, was accusatory toward Democrats and insulting to people who do not believe in Jesus.

"I know this is a non-denominational prayer in this Chamber and it’s not about the Baptists and it’s not about the Catholics alone or the Lutherans or the Wesleyans. Or the Presbyterians the evangelicals or any other denomination but rather the head of the denomination and his name is Jesus. As every President up until 2008 has acknowledged. And we pray it. In Jesus’ name," he said.
Jesus.
House officials said that the guest chaplains are suggested by members and are advised to be non-denominational and inclusionary.

Rep. Ernie Leidiger, R-Mayer, arranged the guest pastor's visit, but said he was unaware of Dean's view of homosexuality, calling it "radical thinking – that kind of thinking, I think back to Nazi Germany… I don’t agree with that.”

Saying he should have done a better job of "screening" Dean, he explained his rationale for inviting the pastor:
I met him about six months ago and what I saw was a good presentation about bringing the Constitution back into the schools. A few months after that one of his people called and said we’d like to have Bradley come on and do the prayer in the morning … And I said I’m not really sure how we get that scheduled up here, so call the clerk’s office. My input was, I’d seen his presentation, he does a good job of talking to students, talking about the Constitution, talking about we need to understand how our country was formed, how important it was to know about the Founding Fathers …Little did I know there’s another side of him, which, by the way, I just learned today… I didn’t realize he was that controversial a figure. I’ve never listened to him on the radio.
Another side of the same asshole coin. We've about had it w/ this Constitution & its attendant hate-filled bullshit. Knock it the hell off, reactionaries!

LATER (1849PDT): Someone who gives a shit (or is paid enough to appear to give a shit) has provided links.

No comments: