Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Second Amendment Remedies &
"I Am Not A Crook"

Darrell Issa enters the national spotlight:

Recall chief held twice on illegal weapons charges

Issa convicted in '70s on misdemeanor count

Is there a pattern here?
"I remember plenty of the details, but I don't think 30-year-old misdemeanors are fair play here," Issa said. "Look, I graduated from college, but my grades are nobody's business 30 years later, and I think we need to start looking in those terms. If you are looking at 30-year-old misdemeanors, I think you are missing the point. It's the felonies of Gray Davis that are on trial here today. What the governor has done to California is a felony."

Issa was charged in San Jose car theft

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, the driving force behind the effort to recall Gov. Gray Davis, was prosecuted with his brother in San Jose in 1980 for allegedly faking the theft of Issa's Mercedes Benz sedan and selling it to a car dealer for $16,000, according to court records.

Issa, in a phone interview with The Chronicle Tuesday, blamed his brother for the car theft, which was detailed in documents on file in Santa Clara County Superior Court and which has never been made public.

"I do not steal," Issa said.
Expect more about "Jihad Darrell" as well.

2 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Weapons possession and thievery are both plusses for a GOPer.

M. Bouffant said...

Right in This Here Cup Editor Agrees:

Practically a litmus test.