Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Irony Kills Again

Coincidence?
Even as Forbidden Planet was being recorded here (at 1500 PT Sunday) female lead Anne Francis already had or was about to follow male lead Leslie Nielsen to the big spaceship in the sky. What else is on the DVR of Death?
Well, just about everyone in The Green Berets (Not visible in above image.) is rotting meat. Ricardo Montalban (something called Mystery Street) is no longer w/ us, but this may not be good news for his co-star, Sally Forrest.

Ms. Francis, not merely eye-candy for pigs (You know who you are, pigs!) but inspirational:
In a television era of Donna Reed and Harriet Nelson housewives, the independent, take-charge Honey West has been described as being a role model for young baby-boomer women.

"She was probably the forerunner of what we would call the good aspects of female independence," Francis told the (Memphis) Commercial Appeal in 1997.

"Producers and writers I work with, young women in their 30s and 40s, tell me all the time, 'You have no idea what an influence you had on me with Honey West. You showed that I could do something unusual with my life, that I could have my freedom and not be dependent on another human being for my livelihood.'"
And not as independent:

1 comment:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

(You know who you are, pigs!)

I can't help it, I am a slave to my id, id, id, id!