Sunday, August 1, 2010

Assault & Battery

The Just Another Blog™ devil-box was attacked by a Trojan early this p.m., as soon as we typed in the password & hit enter.

Finally were able to get Microsoft Security to clean it out before the fucking Nazi Trojan robot stopped everything else from working (Who'd've thought computing would require such physical dexterity?) & then ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, which found the remnant of the infestation & destroyed it.

The effing thing managed to reset all the damn browsers to go through a (non-existent, obviously) proxy, keeping us from connecting to anything but gmail. (What makes them so special? And points to Firefox for advising us that it was a proxy problem. No thanks to Chrome or IdiotExploder7.) So we thought we'd check w/ TWCable before effing w/ anything, & the woman who checked their end of things out walked us through non-setting for proxy use, even though it wasn't TWC's fault. Very nice. Of course, TWC let the fucking Trojan through in the first place, but ...

Now a question: Why has no one tracked down the creator of this Antivir Solution Pro & shoved a laptop about 50 ft. up his ass, sideways?

We're volunteering right now.

3 comments:

Morbo said...

A few months ago I had one that doesn't even show up on Google. I had to take care of that myself; I'm actually sort of proud that I managed to get rid of it without the anti-virus picking it up. Certainly would prefer not to do it again.

M. Bouffant said...

Immuno-Deficient Editor Types:

We had literally 0.5 secs. to click the "Clean" button before the damn thing opened its own window & stopped everything else. Took about 20-30 tries.

Highly irksome.

Anonymous said...

This thing somehow got past our Kapersky. Even a manual scan, in safe mode, still did not catch it.

Although it does not appear to cause any immediate damage, it is a royal b-a-s-t-a-r-d to get rid of.

I spend about 4 hours removing all traces of this thing from my PC.

Sign me up for the posse to deliver the beat-down. If these schmucks ever show their face near brewtown, I'm gonna' go "primitive" all over anything of theirs that I can get my hands on.

Ron in Milwaukee