Monday, July 12, 2010

Annals Of Excess

That there is a "FAST FOOD MAVEN" at The O.C. Register probably says all that needs to be said. The theme is excess, so, an example:
Chain reps confirm that the home of the “Six Dollar Burger” is testing a foot-long cheeseburger in some restaurants. The funny-looking meat sandwich has been spotted at this Orange County restaurant: 1943 E. 17th Street in Santa Ana. (Note: This is the same restaurant that tested the Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger before it rolled out in stores across the country.)

[...]

I discovered the footlong came with three tiny round patties carefully placed between a Hoagie-style bun. I was kind of hoping for one long, lean burger pattie. The toppings (onions, mayo, pickles, lettuce, tomato and cheese) made the whole thing ordinary.

My husband, who joined me in tasting the burger, felt the same way. “It looked interesting until I took a bite. It perfectly matched my low expectations of Carl’s Jr.,” he said.

We’ll see if this gimmicky “foot-long burger” makes it to other locations.
We can't wait, nor would it be possible for us to care any less. Know what we mean?

No comments: