Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Holy Joe The Hypocrite

TPM notes that Joe Lieberman is at it again:
Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT), who is known for his campaigns against indecency in the media, says that Republican Senate candidate Linda McMahon's background as a pro-wrestling executive isn't a problem, if he were to possibly support her.

"You know the first time I met Linda McMahon was around that very subject. I was concerned and I was working with colleagues in the Senate, and Bill Bennett, about the messages that the World Wrestling was sending out to kids. And we had a good conversation," Lieberman told reports Monday. "But you know, she's running for the Senate now, so I'm not gonna hold her accountable for anything she did in the past. I want to hear what her ideas are on foreign policy, domestic policy.

"Obviously I've known [Democratic candidate, state Attorney General] Dick Blumenthal for a long time, but he's been focused on being attorney general," Lieberman continued.

And could you explain, Sen. Two-Face, why being a state attorney general (And focusing on it.) is not necessarily a good thing, but McMahon, who's been focused on increasing her personal wealth at the expense of the nation's morals & Bill Bennett's hypocritical outrage, would be a wonderful candidate? The foreign policy expertise required to sell wrestling programming to Canada & the Middle East?

7 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

What does it take to remove this tapeworm?

Fuck.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Cheney and Holy Joe Liarman will live forever. Just like the cockroaches.
~

Hamish Mack said...

I'm not sure that even Corn Squeezin's will rid you of him. He's the sad old uncle at Christmas time that won't take the hint.

Substance McGravitas said...

Linda had to deal with The Iron Sheik! No sissy attorney has to get his hands dirty like that.

M. Bouffant said...

Never Mind Then Editor Remembers:

WWF foreign policy! Of course. Holy Joe's going to be 100% behind her.

We are also reminded of Hacksaw Jim Duggan's 2x4 (w/ flag) long before Jane Galt was pro-2x4.

Anonymous said...

I know I've never been with you before, but I think I love you.... Too soon?

M. Bouffant said...

From Our Very Fast Editor:

Hard to believe, but we're not entirely opposed to immediate & anonymous sex. Do your worst; we certainly will.