Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Eschatonic Up-Date

Oakland, CA -- Radio preacher Harold Camping says he's studied the Bible and done the math, so he's certain that Jesus Christ will return to judge the world on May 21, 2011.

The 88-year-old Camping reached that conclusion by calculating exactly 7,000 years from the date he believes Noah's flood occurred, and by a complex system of numerology that counts multiples of days from Christ's crucifixion.

Camping concedes he was wrong in previously expecting Judgment Day to occur in 1994, but he now insists that the 2011 date is "just as certain as any truth in the Bible. It's going to happen."

On the Net

Associated Press

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best
When I lay me down to die
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best
~

Substance McGravitas said...

When I spot Jesus I am going to kick his ass.

That is all.

M. Bouffant said...

Iconoclastic Editor Promises:

We'll hold him for you. Perhaps Thunder™32RoyalCrown will find some YouTube selections that will irritate Mr. Christ as well. (Or would that be "Mr. Ben-Joseph?) Either way, he's hamburger.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Never been a sinner I never sinned
I got a friend in Jesus
So you know that when I die
He's gonna set me up with
The spirit in the sky
Oh set me up with the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
I'm gonna go to the place that's the best
Go to the place that's the best
~