Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Could This Get Ugly?

From the Just Another Blog™ Mail-Bag©.
Digital Photo Ted said...
I am the photographer who took the original capture. The photograph presented in the article is an unauthorized plagiarism. I resent anyone using my copyrighted photographs without my consent in the first place and even more so bringing an undeserved infamy to my name by altering them and using with ill intend. I am an Australian photographer and American politics are as far away from my mind as are our countries. Is this racism? I am not sure, but it is THEFT and
DEFAMATION for sure.

Please see my post from some time ago on the subject: original story and photograph

Regards,
Ted Szukalski

PS: Just for clarity I have not granted any media or news agency any publishing or distribution rights to this image or any images derived from it (legally or otherwise) including this website.

TUE JAN 05, 06:54:00 PM PST
Offending Item:

2 comments:

Substance McGravitas said...

I believe "look at this idiot" is covered in fair use.

M. Bouffant said...

"F. U." Editor Agrees:

Obviously fair use, & Digital Ted isn't the Photoshopper anyway, just the guy who took the original.

We can understand his protesting (too much) but at this stage he's just drawing more attention to the ugliness.

"Obamasmokescrack.com," alas, is no more than a white (which may work for them) empty screen these days.