Sunday, September 20, 2009

Poking Values Voters

Professional typist Mark Hemingway of Pooh Corner on National Review Online has been "poking in & out" of the Values Vendetta Summit, where a star was born inside his brain.
It's interesting Pawlenty's speech didn't help him out in the straw poll a bit more (though it's worth noting that half the attendees didn't bother voting in the straw poll), but my favorable impression of his speech is hardly unique. The crowd's positive reaction was the headline at both the NYT and the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Whether this will translate into any momentum for Pawlenty remains to be seen, but I don't think anyone expected him to be a breakout star at the Values Voters conference.
Not expected because he was previously regarded as not entirely in the ninny camp, but it appears former Gov. "I think two terms establishes me as 'experienced,' & I'd better get out before the economy goes south or I'll look bad" Pawlenty has made the move toward the base that GOP would-bes must. He'll spend a yr. & a half or so sucking up to the base, & when media focus turns to the horse-race, he'll try for the mugwumps, assuming the whole nation hasn't been totally radicalized by then, while winking at the base.

Three yrs., six wks. or so until Election 2012. Before you know it.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The next time you speak to a group of young people, maybe you should apologize for the crushing debt you’re pushing on their shoulders.

How wingnuttien to just ignore the mountain of debt we now have, thanks to Saint Ronnie and the shrub.

If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My Face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

He's getting all biblical on their heinies!
~

Another Kiwi said...

My people called by My name??? All the Jesus's will be saved. But they are mostly brown folks!!!
This is an owtrage!!!

Substance McGravitas said...

But were there sparkles?

M. Bouffant said...

Kid-Lit Ed Sez:

"Baby, what's my name?"

The Tarpaper Shack at Pooh Corner has learned to keep its sparkles & starbursts undercover.

It's hard to "sit up straighter on the couch" when one is "poking in & out," anyway.