Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Torture Never, Ever Stops Working

Not just Liz Cheney's appearance on This Week w/ George WillStephanopoulos, currently visible web-wide, but the post-game show, w/ the Washington Media Villagers at play: Green Room: Did Torture Work? Compare the Cheney version of Khalid Sheik Mohammed w/ reality.

Mohammed, in statements to the International Committee of the Red Cross, said some of the information he provided was untrue.

"During the harshest period of my interrogation I gave a lot of false information in order to satisfy what I believed the interrogators wished to hear in order to make the ill-treatment stop. I later told interrogators that their methods were stupid and counterproductive. I'm sure that the false information I was forced to invent in order to make the ill-treatment stop wasted a lot of their time," he said.

No comments: