Friday, January 9, 2009

It's Official: Racism's Over. Hooray!!

That's right, whiteys, there's no more racism, so go ahead & start calling people those words you like so much. Like these guys:
Like countless other Americans that night, a group of young Staten Island men gathered on Nov. 4 to watch election results, and then took to the streets when it became clear that the country had elected its first black president. But, the authorities say, they were not out to celebrate. Armed with a police-style baton and a metal pipe, they attacked a black teenager, pushed another black man, harassed a Hispanic man and, in a finishing flourish, ran over a white man who they thought was black, leaving him in a coma, the authorities said.
Yes, these Staten Island "guidos" are so fucking stupid (as well as being racist asshole losers) that they saw a guy wearing a hoodie, figured him to be of more recent African descent than they were, & ran him over. What a country. Of moronic assholes.

8 comments:

Kiddo said...

Wow, racism IS over! This is great news! Will people stop calling me "brown" now? Or just use a metal pipe on me?

Anonymous said...

Um, hi, I'm a Sicilian-American who takes offense to the blatant racism in your post about racism. "Guido" is an anti-Italian sentiment. WTF? Hypocrite much?

Kiddo said...

I'm a Spic who takes no offense to my own statement that "All Spics are loco." Where does that put me?

Anonymous said...

Lex, that means you've internalized the dominant class's racist hatred for your culture. It happens all the time. It's a lot easier to denigrate a group when some of the people within that group are willing to denigrate themselves. Why you would want to do that, I don't know. Unconscious self-hatred, perhaps? *shrug*

Kiddo said...

Anon--actually, it's roaring sarcasm mixed with a pretty certifiable family;)

Anonymous said...

Lol. My family's pretty nuts too, but, I think most are. Regardless of race.

I just hate when white people invoke the one person they know of a different ethnicity who agrees with them about said ethnicity. "Well my (black,latin@,asian, native, whathaveyou) friend says it's cool to say(insert racial epithet here)! So that means it's not racist and I'm not a racist!" Ugh.

M. Bouffant said...

Identity Politics Editor Exults:

Wow!! People arguing in our comments, as if this were a real web log! (And all we had to do was type something stupid & offensive.)

Anon, "guido" (& note that we used ironic or something quotation marks in our somewhat-planned-to-be-offensive item) is a socio-cultural construct, essentially chosen or maintained by the "guido"-types themselves, & is no more intended to reflect on every American of Italian (or Sicilian) heritage than calling someone a "gangsta" would be intended to apply to every American w/ recent African heritage. (At least at this mess. We can't speak for anyone else & what their words mean.)

For what it's worth, paisan, one of our grand-mothers was the first child in her Italian immigrant family to be born in the U. S., which leads us to wonder why you identify yourself as "Sicilian-American," as opposed to "Italian-American?"

Lex, how many avatars do you use?

Kiddo said...

I was trying to be stupid and offensive. Damn my sarcasm (hits head on table repeatedly). And I didn't even get around to my Greek or ex-Confederate relatives! I'm just a dirty mutt who likes to be foul-mouthed and sarcastic.

As for avatars, this one's my old standard, the Zissou pic. I uploaded Heath Ledger as the Joker recently to the Wordpress account but that will probably change to Zissou as well. Joker just fit my "Agent of Chaos" persona.....ROFL.