Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Join The Rejects & Get Yourself Killed"

As previously noted, a crummy economy enables the Army to meet its recruiting goals. Now the economy is so bad that people are re-upping.
"I want a stable life for my wife in a very shaky economy," Stewart said. "There were no other options." Stewart's new assignment will take him to Germany, where he will serve as a truck driver, though it is always possible he could be sent back into combat. "I figure if I do another five or 10 years in the Army," he said, "the economy will turn around and I can get a truck-driving job."
Wow, a truck-driving job? We were under the impression that the military will train you up so that you can do anything you want. But after another five or 10 yrs. in the Army he thinks he can get a truck driving job? 

No comments: